Over ~12 months through 2017-2018, Lullabot and the George Lucas Educational Foundation worked together to re-platform edutopia.org from a Drupal 7 site to a decoupled Drupal 8 JSONAPI backend with a React/Redux frontend.
This session will provide a high-level overview of the problems we had to solve, the processes we used to combine our two teams, and the lessons we learned along the way. There will be thrills and chills galore!
Come check it out if you're interested in the answers to these burning questions:
- Does my site need a decoupled architecture?
- How do editors preview content on a decoupled site?
- Is data modeling and migration for decoupled sites as much fun as it sounds?
- How fast can a website really go in 2018?
- What's it like visiting Skywalker Ranch?
Former-developer-turned-project-manager Darren Petersen has been working at Lullabot for the last 5 years, helping clients like MSNBC.com, NYU School of Medicine and the George Lucas Educational Foundation to build great Drupal sites. When he's not Drupaling, Darren is a father and husband. He resides in Denton, TX, where he graduated from the University of North Texas in 2007 with a degree in music. He plays the saxophone between going to meetings and doing project managerial things.