Austin is the home of some of the finest vittles in Texas. Pack your fanciest elastic waist garments, you'll be going home very happy. We highly recommend you try these favorites for lunch:
- Breakfast tacos -- all tacos, really, but breakfast ones especially.
- Kolaches -- a Czech-Texan breakfast pastry with your choice of sweet or savory filling.
- Brisket -- slabs of beef, slow-cooked for hours over a fire. We do this so, so right.
- Queso -- pure cheesy joy, melted and served with tortilla chips. This shouldn’t need any further explanation.
- Mexican martini -- an ATX exclusive cocktail so strong they cut you off after two.